Finding a way to straighten crooked teeth is a must for those patients who suffer from this condition. Misaligned teeth make it difficult to thoroughly clean the mouth, and this can lead to serious problems like tooth decay and gum disease. The good news is that dentists have been using wire braces for years to help patients correct the problem of crooked teeth and avoid the accompanying negative consequences of having them. The even better news is that wire braces are not the only solution out there. Now that Invisalign has proven to be an effective way to achieve a straight smile read on to find out what benefits it can offer patients who would rather not go with traditional wire braces.
- Dentists often hear frequent complaints from patients who wear wire braces that they are uncomfortable to wear and can cause small injuries to the mouth. This is because the wires and brackets often scrape against the mouth, making the soft tissue of the cheeks and tongue sore (and sometimes making it bleed). However,
- Invisalign in Baltimore MD
- eliminates the pain associated with teeth straightening. Because the aligner trays are manufactured with smooth plastic, they don’t cause discomfort the way that traditional wire braces do.
- Patients who worry about the cosmetic dilemma of wearing wire braces will likely love how they look with Invisalign. Even with so-called clear braces, the wires and brackets are still visible on the teeth, This can cause patients who were already self-conscious about their crooked teeth to be uncomfortable with the visibility of the braces. Invisalign, on the other hand, is truly invisible. In many cases, no one can even tell that the patient is wearing them.
- One of the best things about going with Invisalign in Baltimore MD is that it doesn’t require people to significantly alter their lifestyle. Crunchy and sticky foods are sometimes off limits for patients with braces. In some cases, even chewy bagels can loosen wires or brackets. Since Invisalign can be snapped on and off at any time, patients can continue to enjoy any food they like.
Wire braces can be a helpful solution, but they can also be a painful and frustrating one. Invisalign’s design helps to eliminate these issues and provide a better teeth straightening experience for patients. Click here for more info about why Invisalign often trumps wire braces when it comes to getting a healthier, more beautiful smile.
Be the first to like.