You need to make sure that you get help from a provider of cosmetic dentistry in Wheaton in the event that you have teeth that are worn out or teeth that have unusual shapes to them. A provider of dental services can use a simple procedure that is made to keep your teeth looking as great as possible. Here’s a look at the steps that are used to keep your teeth looking great with veneers.
1. X-rays and impressions are made of your teeth. These are used to examine your teeth and to see how you could use a veneer over an area. The purpose of these materials is to make sure that your teeth can actually take advantage of veneers. This is also to see what the shapes of your veneers should be like as they are being made.
2. Your dentist then needs to remove part of the enamel from your teeth. The dentist usually has to get about half a millimeter of enamel out so the space for your veneers can be prepared. Your veneers do go over the teeth but they should not be made to where they could add to the thickness of spots around the teeth.
These enamel parts are then used to get the exact measurements that are to be used for your veneers. It often takes about a week or so to get the proper veneers drafted off of these. You could get temporary veneers over your teeth in the event that your teeth look unappealing after this procedure is done. This does cost extra though.
3. Your provider of cosmetic dentistry in Wheaton can then clean your teeth off. This is required when the veneers are ready so your teeth are actually capable of taking in the veneers. It’s also so your teeth can support the bonding materials that would be added onto them to get the veneers to be supported the right way around the teeth.
4. The bonding materials are placed onto the teeth along with the veneers themselves. The bonding materials are also hardened with the use of a special light or laser treatment. This treatment is used to get the bonding material to become as hard as possible in a brief amount of time. Excess bonding items may also be removed during this process so nothing like this could be easily visible around the teeth.
5. The last step involves visiting your dentist after a few weeks. A follow-up is required to see if your teeth are adjusting to the veneers the right way. The visit is to make sure that you can keep your teeth comfortable and that you veneers are not likely to fall off or become damaged. Your visit may be used to see if there are any bonding materials seeping out of the area as well.
The procedure that comes with getting veneers handled through an office dedicated to cosmetic dentistry is an important procedure to handle. This should be used to keep you teeth comfortable. Veneers could be used to protect your teeth and make them look beautiful but you’ll have to make sure that things work carefully through your entire veneer treatment. To know more, please visit Dupage Dental Smiles provide best cosmetic dentistry services in Wheaton.
Be the first to like.